There are no tough exams, there are just unprepared students.
Having said that i think that if any exam is hard it is hard to everyone and if any exam is easy it is easy to everyone so in the end it's all Relative.
Tips to Crack GATE Computer Science
- Follow standard books, stress on understanding things than memorizing them.
- Solve objective type (especially numericals) questions as much as possible.
- No need to cover the entire syllabus.
- Keep preparing your personal notes as you cover topics.
- Do not practice questions in rough. You may need to see the solutions at the time of revision.
- Go through previous year papers (say last 10 years) to check your knowledge and note the distribution of different topics.
- Revision is one of the most important step of the preparation process (around 20 days before examination).
- Follow your notes during this time and solve time-bound question papers (preferrably last year papers).
- Take a chill-pill on the day before exam. Relax!!!!!!!!!!
- Do not make any guesses in the paper. If possible, try to eliminate the choices by minimum calculation/analysis.
- Even you find the paper tough, DO NOT panic. It'll be hard for all Junta...